Thursday, January 27, 2011

Inglot Eyeshadow Review with Swatches

So I've been on a roll with my swatches and reviews and I thought why not keep it going.






What it is: Inglot eyeshadows come in a variety of colors and finishes. The finishes are:

AMC(Advanced Makeup Component)~matte with shimmer
AMC Shine~metallic sheen with shimmer
D.S.(Double Sparkle)~matte with iridescent shimmer
Matte
Pearl~pearlized sheen

The eyeshadows are very pigmented. I have found that the matte textures are some of the most pigmented. They have a soft powder feel and texture to them. One swipe is all you need for full color payoff. The double sparkle texture is matte with bits of shimmer and sparkle. These are also very pigmented. The sparkle is not so apparent when applied on the eye. The AMC textures are similar to the double sparkle, because they are a matte base with bits of shimmer as well. The AMC shine has a sheen texture with shimmer, and almost look metallic. The pearl finish gives off a beautiful sheen. They have buttery feel to them and are quite pigmented.

The shadows come in what Inglot calls the Freedom System. This system allows you to choose which colors you would like in your palette. You are able to choose whether you would like square or round eyeshadows. I chose square because they were different from all the round shadows I already have.  When you go to the store they give you a big magnetic palette to place your colors on. The order you place them on the palette is the order that they put them in your palette to take home. You can also just ask to place them in the palette yourself, which is what I do, because I'm a bit anal...lol! The palettes are very sturdy and durable. They attach to one another by magnets, which are very strong.

The round shadow palettes come in 2, 3, 5, or 10. The square shadow palettes come in 2, 4, 5, or 10. The eyeshadows are sold by the palette only and not individually. They do sell eyeshadows that come in pots as well. Those shadows are not available in palette form. Here is a bit of information from Inglot's website about the freedom system:

Our unique Freedom System allows customers to experiment with countless shades and colour combinations of different face products, giving them the opportunity to create their own customized colour palette. We are present in 240 retail locations worldwide.

What it cost: The eyeshadows are 2.7g/.095 oz. of product compared to the size of MAC eyeshadows that are 1.5g/.05 oz. If you are in the industry and have a business card you get an additional 20% off of all their products. The prices are as follows:

Square Palette:            
10 shadows~$50
5 shadows~$30
4 shadows~$26
3 shadows~$20
3 shadows in the compact with mirror~$16
2 shadows~16

Circle Palette:
10 shadows~$45
5 shadows~$25
5 shadows in the compact with mirror~$22





Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

Amc shine 46~beige, pink with silver and pink sparkle
Pearl 393~creamy peachy, beige
Pearl 395~light golden beige
Amc shine 8~light yellowish, gold with silver and gold shimmer
Amc shine 11~medium gold with silver and gold shimmer
Amc shine 29~iridescent pink with pink and silver shimmer
Matte 362~bubblegum pink
Matte 366~bright coral with a bit of red undertone
D.S. 495~strawberry red with gold shimmer
Amc 50~bright red with gold shimmer





Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

Matte 361~light peachy coral
Amc shine 15~melon with golden shimmer
Pearl 407~peachy orange with golden sheen
Amc 51~bright matte orange with a bit of gold shimmer





Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

Amc 60~bright canary yellow
D.S. 474~light golden yellow
D.S.  473~aqua 
Matte 372~medium teal
Amc shine 17~duochrome aqua with green and gold iridescence
Amc 57~deep emerald green
Amc 58~grass green
Matte 384~kelly green
D.S. 477~medium parrot green
Amc 59~lime green





Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

Amc 70~electric blue
Matte 388~blueberry with purple undertones
D.S. 483~navy blue 
Amc 74~raspberry 
Amc 72~wine 
D.S. 501~light grey 
D.S. 493~light lilac 
Amc shine 40~eggplant 
Amc 71~dark plum
D.S. 491~dark violet(This one did not photograph well. It is really deeper toned without as much blue.)





Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

D.S. 463~creamy beige
Amc shine 9~medium golden brown
D.S. 461~taupe
Pearl 402~taupe with sheen
Amc 56~army green
D.S. 464~rust brown
Amc 54~milk chocolate brown
D.S. 457~deep brown
Matte 378~brass brown
Matte 348~charcoal grey

What I think: Overall, I am really pleased with the quality of these shadows. They are super pigmented, and only require a small amount of product for full color payoff. The colors apply with ease and blend well. Applied with a base the wear is long lasting.

I don't like that the colors are packed so tightly in the palettes. I have to use a nail file to pry the product out of the palette, and have nicked or cracked some of my shadows! *sad face* So if you want to know what the colors are I strongly suggest that you label the palette before putting the colors in.  I wish that they would make a small hole under each shadow like the La Femme or Ben Nye palette so that you could just poke the color out.  Also, the matte shadows can be a little powdery and are easily cracked, so you have to be gentle. Other than that, I would highly recommend these shadows.

You can call the New York store if you would like to place an order. Minimum order is 100.00. You get free shipping for any order of 150.00 or more. The number is: 212.247.8169.

13 comments:

  1. Love them! First tried them a couple of yeas ago when I lived in Europe. They have stores everywhere there. I have a couple pigments that are bananas! There makeup remover is by far my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed! They are quickly becoming my favorite as well. It's probably a good thing, they don't have stores here in Texas, because my wallet would be hurting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to get the shadows out without nicking or cracking them is to use the top of the actually palette to get the shadows out. The magnet is alot stronger on the palette then on the lid. I find the shadow hooks right to the magnet on the top of the palette verse trying to use the magnet on the lid. Try it, it works everytime for me. I must say that I love Inglot products and have a ton of them myself. It is a staple in my makeup collection!!! Great review/swatches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great tip agolds5682! I will try that next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your blog doing a search for Inglot swatches - awesome post and GREAT blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!! I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Devin I so n v you right now lol lol I want to order mines today I know I'm getting a nude palette what are some great colors for a bold/ pop palette I want to order mines asap before the show thanks in advance text or email me please treseberry@gmail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question? I am a MAC Pro member, what kind of business card do u need to get the extra 20% off?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Trese B.~Sorry for the super late response. I will have to email you the colors if you haven't already bought some.

    @Zee~You would just need a business card showing that you are a Makeup Artist and your contact information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just found your site doing a search for Inglot reviews. I got some when i went to Vegas and have loved them ever since! You are so right about the color payoff! it's always been hard for me to find great payoff on my brown skin, but they definitely get the job done! thanx for all the swatches, i can't wait to order some blue, green and yellows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love, love, love Inglot! You're welcome and thanks for visiting my blog! :)

      Delete
  11. amazing review!!!!!!!!! thank you ... I will be going to buy my first inglot eyeshows and this gave me a lot of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Inglot just arrived to my country. I'm starting my collection, can you do a Mac vs Inglot, with dupes or similar colours?
    Tks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...